Pages

Saturday 31 December 2011

The Last Post- A custom!


A number of bloggers have been posting something or the other as their last blog post for the year 2011. Since I am new to blogging, I assume, this is a tradition that has to be followed. So here I am writing my last blog post for 2011. But frankly, I am too pre-occupied to write one. And I won’t be dishonest to you at least during the last hours of this year. What you are about to read here in this post might turn you against my Candid Convictions forever (in case anybody likes it!). And that’s precisely because I don’t have any idea regarding the topic.


I have been brainstorming ceaselessly for a topic and couldn’t come up with anything. I thought about scribbling about the important events of the world, good and bad, of 2011. But I really do not have the time to sum that up. My mommy washed all my clothes this morning and they haven’t dried up yet. So, the need of the hour (for me) is to come up with a suitable attire for the party that I am about to attend in a couple of hours instead of reflecting upon the bygone affairs! (I hope you agree).


I also wished to share with my readers the events that happened in my life. But soon, reality dawned upon me and I realised that that’s just my wish. Who would be interested to know about my life? I do not have even 25 followers on twitter, nobody retweets my tweets or begs me to retweet his tweets! However, without mortifying myself further, I’d like to share with you all, the biggest lesson that I learnt in 2011: Friendship is an investment of time and emotions where returns matter. Love is an investment of time and emotions where returns do not matter. I laugh out loud when I see the young ones of human beings (who barely wash their own UGs) updating their facebook status or liking a page that goes like this:

 My friends are my life (seriously man, go get a life!)

I can die for my friends (you must die for thinking that way!)

My friends are the most important part of my life (Oh! I am sorry that your parents died.)

Well, sooner than later, they shall receive enlightenment. But if any such creature is reading this, beware!


A post about New Year resolutions wouldn’t be bad either. But every one of us knows the inside story of resolutions. They are barely kept. Still bragging about them and coming up with a really good one is commendable (at least for a little while). Alright I have a good one too. My resolution would be to stick to all the commitments that I make in 2012. How’s that? ;-)


Another popular topic is to put in writing the things that I may expect to happen in 2012. Well, as I mentioned earlier, I would rather focus on the present moment (my dress) instead of pondering over the future. And because of the same reason, it’s time for me to doll up and leave for the party. So, enjoy the last night everyone and party hard. Luckily, it’s Sunday tomorrow and you all can sleep tight. But since it’s going to be the very first day of 2012, I’d rather suggest you to start it right. So, Adieu! See ya all on the other side.

Happy New Year 2012 :-)


P.S. 1. In the quest of a suitable topic, I was able to write approximately 600 words.

P.S. 2. I would really loooooove to get a feedback on this article. Let me know the extent to which you got bugged (in case you read the article completely!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be copied in any form without the prior written permission of the author. All views published here are of the author and author alone. They are not meant to hurt the sentiments of any person living or dead. Copyright 2011 Somya Singh

Total Pageviews