Pages

Saturday 17 September 2011

Kyunki har ek "Friend" zaroori hota hai...



Few years back, while flipping various channels, I halted at Star World. It was then that I first took a glimpse of the World's most awesome show ever- F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I moved to hostel and eventually began cutting out Idiot box from my life. Whenever I came back home in my vacations, I would search for the same channel again and sit down to watch the only show which blurred the idiotic nature of TV in my mind. At that time, I had no idea what attracted me so much to that particular show. Back in February this year, I somehow managed to get all the 10 seasons of F.R.I.E.N.D.S . And once I started, nothing could stop me but my exams! I could point out a hundred reasons to love that show. But what attracted me the most was their friendship. Recently I started watching How I met your mother and I'm loving it. I keep on wondering why I have never had a group like Lilly, Marshal, Ted, Robin and Barney have? And may be, I know the answer,
Because if I were in a group, for some of us, someone like

Barney is a characterless wretch.
Robin's a selfish bitch.
Ted's so desperate to get married. What a loser!
And Lilly and Marshal are too sweet to be friends with.

Friendship is not about finding perfect friends or ridiculing them if they are not what you want them to be. It is about accepting them the way they are. They may be a wretch, a bitch or a loser but they are your FRIENDS!
I have never really been a part of some group until last year. And the inference that i drew from my experiment was that Groups, sooner or later, break. Last year on Friendships' Day, I got a card with the words “For True Friends” scribbled on top of the envelope and guess what? We aren't friends anymore! Owing to all that I have been through in the past few months, I had been wondering if friendship is really as great as it is supposed to be (I even wrote a poem on that!). So basically throughout my life, I have been either alone (which was very rare, still, I brag about it!) or with one or two friends. I have never had a group like Ted's or Monica's. But I have had best friends. I was recently remarked, “You call everyone your best friend. You are supposed to have only one best friend.” After a deep thought over this remark, I ended up undercutting that statement. Yes, I do have a lot of best friends. Instead of expressing myself to a bunch of people in a “gang”, I opened up to just one or two persons in all the schools I was enrolled in and they did the same. In some cases it took years to become best friends and in others, we just hit it off. None of us, my best friends or I, is perfect. But they have accepted me the way I am and I have done the same. We talk occasionally, losing track of most of the things, but it has NEVER affected the bond that we share. I guess, that's true friendship. :) No matter where you are or what you do, friends stay. They always do. A “Friend” is a common word that should be used only for people who are uncommon to you, for the rest, “acquaintance” will do! And thus, only a friend can make the experience of friendship worthwhile, not an acquaintance.


The real purpose behind this post is not to present an analysis of friendship and friends. It is to rejoice the birth anniversary of one such friend. I truly cherish the moments we spent together and even though we are apart, (but not at heart) my love for her has increased with distance. I wrote this poem for her on her last birthday and I made this little movie this year. I hope she likes it :) 




(: Happy Birthday Alisha!! :)











I was walking quietly on my lonely way
but suddenly in the crowd I went astray.
I looked around for any familiar face
but not a single soul could give me solace.
I felt a jerk, stumbled and fell apart
people came and stepped over my heart
I tried to protect it but it was too late.
I picked up the broken pieces and cursed my fate.
I stood up and started walking again
battling with the bitter world just to sustain.
I went by a rivulet and sat over a heap
placed my head over my hands and began to weep
“Why is this world so harsh, so bitter?
I am no more a loser, I have become a quitter.
Isn't there a soul who can bring my misery to an end
Oh gimme an angel whom I can proudly call my friend.”
I burst into tears, feeling sombre.
Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder.
The touch was not familiar,the sensation was new
I turned around and there was you.
You took my hand and sat beside
and all the worries moved aside.
You wiped my tears and made me smile
My milieu turned to pleasant from vile
You listened to every word I spoke
and laughed even on my stupidest joke
you turned my world upside down.
To make me smile, you even became a clown
we sat together in silence for long
the moment was perfect nothing was wrong
but suddenly I saw you walking away
I closed my eyes and began to pray
“Whoever she was, she has entered my heart.
O god! I beg you, please don't keep us apart.
Bring her back and I'll never let her go
don't break my heart; please don't say no.”
Tears started rolling down my cheek
my misery was at its peak
there was not a single creature around
after a long silence, I finally heard a sound.
“She is the angel that you asked for, your friend
who shall be with you till eternity's end.
She broke all the barriers and entered your heart
and now even I can't keep you two apart.
Even if she is not around, she is not away.
Unseen and unheard, she'll walk beside you everyday.
For in your heart you have erected those walls again
you may not, but in your heart she'll always remain.”
He was gone and there was silence again
the words he uttered, didn't ease my pain.
I turned around and started to walk away
pondering over his words, closed my eyes in the middle of the way.
I wondered if what he spoke was really true
but when I opened my eyes and looked beside, I found you!

10 comments:

  1. Pragya Priyadarshini18 September 2011 at 09:44

    You have beautifully blended the true facts & come up with a wonderful article... Well done,keep it up..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. got ur point.....!!and M still Sorry for that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's not a single reference to you Harsh... Wat did u think??

    ReplyDelete
  4. The incidents of the past few months have no relation with you. It has reference to a bunch of people in Delhi, not you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mast !!.. <3
    miss u both.. alisha and somya :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey somz i knw i m d last person 2 comment on dis post n m heartly sorry for dat bt u hv rilly writtn so well..d video is awesum n pata hai mere pas wo towel wali pic b nai hai :( well m blessd 2 have u in my lyf..thnx 4 lovng so much...:*

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be copied in any form without the prior written permission of the author. All views published here are of the author and author alone. They are not meant to hurt the sentiments of any person living or dead. Copyright 2011 Somya Singh

Total Pageviews