Pages

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Catching up...


The past few weeks have been the time for catching up with my life for me. This implies that I have been lagging behind in many aspects! Where in some cases I had been relatively behind schedule, in few others, the delay was absolute. It all began with covering my syllabus in the mid November for the internal exams. Now I am not a kind of person who can indulge in multiple tasks at one time. So, basically, on thing led to the other and in just a few days I found myself lagging behind in other things too. For instance, I still haven’t watched Breaking Dawn and unfortunately, because I am so damn late, I do not have a partner for the movie!


About two months back when I was checking out a few books at Jabalpur Railway Station, a girl came up to me and asked me whether my name was Somya. I nodded affirmatively and turned around to find one of my classmates from Std VI. I recognized her immediately and I was glad that she could identify me too. We hardly talked then but meeting after almost a decade felt so great. Moreover, when I reflect on how friendship used to be when we were kids, I just smile and that’s the only feeling that stays in my heart; no hatred, no jealousy, no disgust. Our hearts were so pure then. And now, in some random corner of my corrupted heart, their lies a teeny tiny place that holds those unadulterated memories of childhood just as they were, unguided by reasons.


I had a chance of meeting another very old friend yesterday. Although we first met when we were in fourth grade, our friendship doesn’t date that long. There might be several drawbacks of social networking sites like facebook but one cannot decry the angelic role it plays in bringing old buddies together. And the camouflaged seraph did help me in connecting with many old chums of mine too. It was simply wonderful catching up and laughing out loud with a friend I hardly conversed with as a toddler. No wonder, old is gold. :-)


Sometimes, lagging behind isn’t that bad. Staying in touch with something/someone and getting back together with something/someone after a span of time, both provide a uniquely special feeling in their own special way. Now that I have undertaken the task of pulling alongside all my pending works, I guess, writing a blog entry on this topic would not be so bad to start with. So, here I am, catching up with my blog too ;-)

3 comments:

  1. nicely written ... keep up the good work and be regular in ur blog in these vacations ... as you've got some time to do this stuff and try to make it more factfull.... so that people gets attracted to read i hope u know wat i mean....

    ReplyDelete
  2. waooo you have 1400+ page views :) :) keep it up well done :)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be copied in any form without the prior written permission of the author. All views published here are of the author and author alone. They are not meant to hurt the sentiments of any person living or dead. Copyright 2011 Somya Singh

Total Pageviews