Pages

Monday 15 August 2011

Life in a Metro- Comfy vs Everything Else.



I was standing in the general coach of Delhi Metro, when a little gesture brought a silent smile on my face. A lady, in her 40s, I suppose, was offered a seat by a teenage girl. The lady moved her hand over the teenager's head and sat down, thanking and blessing her. I wonder why this little incident made me smile. And when I ponder over this grave yet pleasing issue, I realize that it is not actually a very common thing to witness these days. And as I go deeper and deeper into the matter to find out the reason behind this rarity, I end up keeping myself in the place of that teenage girl. And guess what, I have the answer. And it's a nine-lettered word IGNORANCE. Had I been in her place, I would have “ignored” everything- the lady's age, the fact that she looked exhausted, her trouble, our culture, everything except my own comfort. And I wonder what others from my generation- The Gen-XXX would have done. And guess what, i get an answer again, for there were many other young people occupying a seat in that metro but only one acted and the others ignored. In fact these 'other' people are mostly in the age group of 17-30 years who are called nothing but the citizens of Youngistan by Pepsico!
                           There are basically four aspects which need to be looked at while analyzing a problem- the problem itself, its causes, who is to be blamed and its solution. My smart brain has already thrown light on the first two aspects. Now, I need to find someone/something on whom/which I can dump the entire blame and wind up. After all, this is what, generally, most of us do to end any matter. So, who is to blamed for our ignorance? Our parents for they are the ones who are pointed out for every ill action of their child, our teachers for they are supposed to make us humans, our friends for they accept us “the way we are” or politicians who appear nowhere in this issue and would probably be the last ones to be blamed for our ignorance but since I see them getting blamed for everything that goes on in India, I am considering even that option! But I wonder which parent, teacher or friend (or even a politician for that matter) on earth would stop you ,as long as you are certified to be physically fit, young and energetic, from offering your seat to someone who needs it more that you do. So you see, i am helpless. Alas! I cannot blame anyone for my ignorance. And now my smart brain is so frustrated(because there is no one left to be blamed) that it cannot even illuminate the last and the most important aspect. I would need many more smarter brains to successfully finish this analysis. So if you can come up with any solution, don't just spread it but also act; for every single act of yours would give you priceless blessings. Go, grab it!

5 comments:

  1. its nice :) but decrease the font size its too big

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely expressed......cngratulations for you first blog-article......!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its great somya. but i think u should give or add some more example with it that will make it much attractive. wish for your great future may god make u a great writer.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be copied in any form without the prior written permission of the author. All views published here are of the author and author alone. They are not meant to hurt the sentiments of any person living or dead. Copyright 2011 Somya Singh

Total Pageviews